Free HIV Testing
Syringe Service Program
We are hiring! Join our team today!
We are seeking an experiened bookkeeper who has extensive knowledge with QuickBooks and MS 365.
She/he/they will be able to work both cooperatively with the Executive Director, staff, vendors and partners, as well as independently. The general ledger and client assistance account will be maintained and reconciled monthly with the highest of integrity, and income and expenses will be entered into the proper grants continuously. Experience with non-profit accounting is preferred but not absolutely necessary.
- Assist with payroll process, in coordination with the Executive Director
- Allocate wages, benefits, and indirect expenses to the proper grants on a monthly basis
- Process Accounts Payable in coordination with the Executive Director
- Process client assistance checks in cooridination with staff, Director of Operations & Executive Director
- Make bank deposits and process mail
- Reconcile income and expenses on all grants monthly/quarterly
- Reconcile bank accounts and all key balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- While reconciling Accounts Receivable, coordinate contact with overdue accounts with the Executive Director
- Assist Executive Director with Financial Reports for Board Meetings
- Assist Executive Director with Financial Reports for Auditors during the annual audit
- Complete 1099 & 1096 reports annually
- Support Executive Director’s request for all ad-hoc financial reports and other administrative functions.
- Extensive experience with QuickBooks, Excel & MS365.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate respectfully and timely with high integrity
Position Title: Bookkeeper
Supervisor: Executive Director
Employee Status: Year-round; Part-time 15-20 Hours/Week
Start Date: ASAP
Pay range: $20-$25/Hour
Benefits: Health, dental, vision (optional) and paid time off
Please send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge, and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with respect, dignity, and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of criminal justice history, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage those with lived experience with drug use to apply.